Emily Harrison, Netball Development Officer for Avon
I am England Netball’s local Netball Development Officer for Avon and Wiltshire. I work full time (splitting my time equally between the two counties) and during the week I am based between the two County Sport Partnership offices (UWE, Bristol and Trowbridge), depending on meetings/demands from each county.
My work programme is set by England Netball and is in line with Avon’s County Plan, and includes work on the following areas:
- Adult Participation (including Back to Netball, Netball Now, Further Education engagement, Higher Education engagement, development of new adult clubs)
- Junior Club Development (including Satellite Clubs, new junior sections/clubs, supporting with funding applications)
- CAPS (Club Action Planning Scheme)
- Holiday Camps
- Volunteering (including Pass on Your Passion, Goalden Globes)
- Course Organisation/Support (including UKCC courses, High 5 workshops, Youth Umpire Award and CPD workshops)
- Workplace activity
Ultimately I am here to help support the development of netball in the county and to help you enjoy your netball in whichever way you want to, so please get in touch if I can help at all or if you want to hear more about opportunities that you and your club could get involved with.
Emily's NDO report for August 2015 can be found here.