Emily Harrison, Netball Development Officer for Avon
I am England Netball’s local Netball Development Officer for Avon and Wiltshire. I work full time (splitting my time equally between the two counties) and during the week I am based between the two County Sport Partnership offices (UWE, Bristol and Trowbridge), depending on meetings/demands from each county.
My work programme is set by England Netball and is in line with Avon’s County Plan, and includes work on the following areas:
- Adult Participation (including Back to Netball, Netball Now, Further Education engagement, Higher Education engagement, development of new adult clubs)
- Junior Club Development (including Satellite Clubs, new junior sections/clubs, supporting with funding applications)
- CAPS (Club Action Planning Scheme)
- Holiday Camps
- Volunteering (including Pass on Your Passion, Goalden Globes)
- Course Organisation/Support (including UKCC courses, High 5 workshops, Youth Umpire Award and CPD workshops)
- Workplace activity
Ultimately I am here to help support the development of netball in the county and to help you enjoy your netball in whichever way you want to, so please get in touch if I can help at all or if you want to hear more about opportunities that you and your club could get involved with.
Email: [email protected]